I’ve been editing for Teen Eyes Editorial for the past few years. Because most of my info is on the website which isn’t yet updated with my current bio, I figured I’d also splash it on here.
Grace Smith is a 19-year-old from Tampa, Florida.
Since 2011, Grace has been a devoted member of the publishing community, with involvement ranging from running her review blog, interning for a small press, working for an independent bookseller, creating book clubs, and serving on literary boards. In those years, she’s edited for authors with book deals from Simon and Schuster, HarperCollins, and others. She reads approximately 150-300 books per year.
As a writer, she studied at Interlochen Center for the Arts under professors from M.F.A. programs at Brown University, University of Michigan, and more. She has received awards from Scholastic Art and Writing Awards for her essays, poetry, novel excerpts, and flash fiction. Her academic writing has been nominated for awards within Washington and Lee University’s English program. As an author, she plays around with various manuscripts.
Grace’s reading preferences involve YA books with strong poetry backgrounds, magical realism, and/or focus on atmosphere, but she reads (and loves) just about everything.
When not reading, blogging, writing, or editing, Grace serves on student government, the hip hop team, and several marketing groups. She loves coffee, landscapes, the Modern Love column, rain, and breakfast sandwiches.
See Teen Eyes Editorial for pricing.
- Helping you conceptualize essays, frame them, and edit them once written.
- Critiquing essays for overall effect and coming up with line-by-line improvements.
- 4 years editing college essays bound for Duke, Georgetown, Notre Dame, UPenn, Yale, UF, FSU, and others. (Ask for comprehensive list.)
- 5 years editing manuscripts and other works.
- Tutoring experience in both academic writing and English coursework at the high school and middle school levels.
In Tampa until Aug. 28.
Remote assistance available.
Contact for pricing!
You can contact me at grace . teeneyes @ gmail . com or in the submission box below.